LANDFIRE (LF) 2001 & 2008
LF 2001 (LF 1.0.5) and LF 2008 (LF 1.1.0) development was a two-stage process.
- incomplete data coverage along international borders
- extent of riparian and wetlands features
- agricultural and urban vegetation types as burnable
- extent of barren and water classes
- Biophysical Settings (BPS) in western rangelands using Soil Survey Geographic Database (SSURGO)
Existing vegetation cover and height (EVC & EVH) were remapped in forested areas and all products were updated to reflect refined existing vegetation. Updates included changes caused by 1999 - 2001 fires.
LF 2008 included updates in LF 2001 and addressed:
- changes in growth in shrub and wetland cover types that occurred from 1999-2008
- landscape change from natural disturbances (e.g., wildland fires) and management activities occurring 1999-2008 using data from
- Fire Regimes
Products are available on the LF Data Distribution Site (DDS).
See Data Products Distribution Table.
LF 2008 Documentation
LF 2008 Version Analysis Reports delineated by LF Geographic Area